Humble Bundle brings Canabalt and more to Android
January saw the release of the first ever Humble Bundle for Android, and now the organization is back with a first of another sort for the platform — five of them, in fact. The second mobile-focused Humble Bundle sees five games making their Android debut, including iPhone favorite Canabalt (now with a two-player mode and Android-exclusive 3D option), plus Zen Bound 2, Cogs, Swords and Soldiers and Avadon: The Black Fortress HD (the latter specific to Android tablets). Along with those comes a beta version of Humble Bundle’s own app (up from an alpha release before), which makes it a bit easier to download the games and check for updates since all of this handled outside of Google Play. As with all Humble Bundles, you can set your own price for the bundle, with an amount of your choosing going to the Child’s Play charity and the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and you’ll also get desktop versions of all five games for Windows, Mac and Linux. A Steam key is also included with all purchases over $ 1 (although it doesn’t yet include Canabalt), and they’ve even thrown in soundtracks for three of the games for good measure.
- GTA III for Android hits 1.3, brings Liberty City to the Transformer Prime
- Google Voice update for Android brings design refresh and asynchronous SMS
- DoubleTwist update brings podcast support to auditory Android users
- YouTube Android app update brings HD video streaming to ‘capable’ 2.2+ devices
- Google brings in-app subscriptions to Android
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=12957