EchoStar outs its HDT-610R Ultra Slim Box, says it’s ‘world’s slimmest’ DVR
EchoStar has come a long way since unveiling that HDS-600RS early last year, and today the European company’s taking the wraps off of its newest DVR, the Ultra Slim Box HDT-610R. Keeping true to its moniker, the 610R measures in at a slim 14mm thin, while weighing in at just under two pounds. Physical features aside, EchoStar’s managed to stuff a 500GB hard drive inside the DVR’s scrawny body, as well as a couple of USB 2.0 incisions and single Ethernet and HDMI ports. On the software end, the device is equipped with a Freeview+ HD feature that offers subscription-free access to over 50 “high quality” and four high-def channels — though, you will have to pay a one-time fee for the service. The HDT-610R will be available for pre-order starting May 4th, with Amazon, John Lewis and Mapling being the first online vendors to have it for up for grabs. No word on pricing yet, but in the meantime all you Euro folks can gander at the PR below to soak up the rest of the deets.
- Slim pickings at first for ultra-light laptops – The National
- Panasonic LUMIX ZS20, the World’s Slimmest Digital Camera with a 20x Optical … – The FINANCIAL
- OLPC outs XO 3.0 tablet at last, will make its debut at CES
- VIA Technologies outs $49 APC Android barebones, nods towards Raspberry Pi
- Fujitsu outs new Lifebook laptops and an Ivy Bridge-packing Ultrabook
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=17082