Yamaha outs RX-V773WA, RX-V673 receivers: AirPlay and 4K / 3D passthrough on board
In case those RX receivers we saw last month weren’t powerful enough for you, Yamaha’s unleashing a couple of new beasts that may just meet all of your home entertainment demands. Similar to its V573 and V473 siblings, the RX-V773WA and RX-V673 are AirPlay-friendly and pack a 4K passthrough feature — though, these also carry some PT action in 3D. Save for the YWA-10 WiFi adapter and an aluminum front panel on the V773WA, both newcomers are sporting identical traits. Among these are 7.2 channel audio, an enhanced YPAO calibration system, seven “intelligent” assignable amplifiers, six HDMI ports on each unit and an ECO mode to help reduce power usage. As far as pricing, you’ll have to shell out $ 849.95 for the higher-end RX-V773WA and $ 649.95 for the RX-V673 when they hit shelves in June and later this month, respectively.
- Onkyo intros a new pair of TX-NR AV receivers, prices start at $999
- Raspberry Pi demos Model B computer’s AirPlay capabilities (video)
- Season 2 Finale: Yamaha on “blowing up” systems and processes to invest in new customer experiences
- OLPC outs XO 3.0 tablet at last, will make its debut at CES
- VIA Technologies outs $49 APC Android barebones, nods towards Raspberry Pi
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=17080