ATD: Yahoo’s CEO Scott Thompson to step down amidst degree scandal
While thousands upon thousands of Americans are celebrating graduation weekend with degree in hand, it looks as if the CEO of one particular internet company will be wondering why he lied about his. After weeks of investigating, word on the street has it that freshly appointed (as in January 4th) CEO Scott Thompson will be “stepping down.” In other words, he’s being canned. The news comes from an All Things D report on the matter, with the official word expected soon. The scandal took hold a few weeks back, with the official Yahoo bio listing a computer science degree that he allegedly didn’t even have. The company line is that he’s bolting for “personal reasons,” but seriously — what are the chances these “reasons” would’ve emerged sans scandal? It’s bruited that Yahoo’s global media head Ross Levinsohn will be filling Scott’s shoes for now, but there’s no word yet on who the firm’s next CEO will be. It’s a shame, but it sure feels like a revolving door in Yahoo’s corner office.
- Microsoft working on Vermeer, a ‘touchable’ 360-degree holographic display (video)
- Sony Gets Assassin’s Creed Movie Amidst Controversy
- Ariel Atom-inspired simulator touts world’s first 180-degree spherical projector screen (video)
- SpinCam brings shareable 360-degree photos to iOS
- Olympus raided over accounting scandal
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=17523