LG celebrates three million LTE phones sold worldwide, shockingly finds high speed data is awesome
LG has hitched its mobile fate to the future of LTE high speed data equipped phones basically since the technology was introduced and today it announced the fruits of its labor: three million LTE phones sold to date worldwide. While some will quibble over shipped / sold to end-user counting methods, or how this compares to figures recently touted by competition like Samsung and Apple, we need only look at LG’s most recent earnings report to see the positive impact its LTE-infused lineup has had. According to LG, most of the gains have been in South Korea and North America so far, although it plans to have LTE phones in 20 countries by the end of the year. After kicking off the LTE frenzy with the Revolution last year on Verizon, it’s talking up the combination of LTE and HD LCD screen features in its Optimus LTE phone, already a million seller in Korea just as its successor, the Optimus LTE II arrives on shelves.
- The Midweek Download: May 23rd Edition–Kinect for Windows 1.5 Released, Microsoft Research Breaks a Data Speed Record plus Windows Phone, Windows 8 and Bing
- Wolfenstein 3D celebrates 20 years of machine guns and flag-obscured passages with free web version
- Awesome Tech: Dexim Visible Smart Charge Cable (Review)
- Verizon To Axe Unlimited Data Once Their New Data Share Plans Go Live
- Motorola shows three all-touch Android 4.0 phones in China, we see a possible Verizon model
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=18842