ITV Player 2.0 brings live streams of the UK broadcaster’s TV channels to iOS
It’s on Apple’s iPhone and iPad, but this is the ITV Player, not the rumored iTV supposedly under development in Cupertino. After initially launching last summer (along with an Android version) offering streaming video on-demand, the UK channel’s iOS app has been updated to version 2.0 to offer a live streaming feed of its two channels. Other than just ITV1 and ITV2 over WiFi or 3G, if there’s a live event being broadcast that isn’t on either, you’ll still be able to tune in via the app. Other new features include AirPlay Mirroring, easier switching between content, improved location detection (to determine what channels are available) and Retina Display quality graphics on the iPad. Unfortunately, The Digital Lifestyle points out catch-up access is still unavailable over 3G, but those with access should grab the new app from iTunes.
- Time Warner Cable app streams live TV to iPhones, no longer iPad-only
- Time Warner Cable brings 26 local NYC channels to iOS app, website
- Aereo countersues broadcasters over its internet TV streaming service
- Broadcasters try, try again with mobile TV – GigaOm
- Viacom channels back on Time Warner iPad app – CNET
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=19242