Google image search results crammed into picture dictionary
Though not quite a replacement for Mountain View’s ill-fated dictionary, this 1,240 page tome contains the first Google image search result for each word in a run-of-the-mill dictionary. With a PHP script, London-based artists Felix Heyes and Ben West scraped the image from each search and compiled an alphabetically ordered PDF brimming with 21,000 images — safesearch-disabled warts and all. “It’s really an unfiltered, uncritical record of the state of human culture in 2012,” West told Creative Applications Network. Alas, the volume isn’t destined for mass distribution — presumably to avoid copyright issues — but the pair is considering sending a small batch of soft cover copies to print.
- Google’s latest Gmail tweaks bring contact info to search results, enhanced Circle integration
- Amazon’s results for ‘iPad’ search: want to buy a Kindle Fire instead?
- Mozilla Extends Search Partnership With Google
- Google search now shows upcoming concerts, helps you find the next gig
- Learning independence with Google Search features
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=19315