Samsung Galaxy S III coming to AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular this month
Official is as official does… right? In a bid to one-up the Galaxy S II’s launch here in the States, Samsung has just announced that five carriers will soon have their own customized versions of the Galaxy S III. And by “soon,” we mean “beginning in June.” AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and US Cellular are all in line to take part, with exact pricing and availability to be announced by each of the five carriers in the coming weeks. We are, however, told to expect on-contract prices as low as $ 199, and it sounds as if all five variants will keep the same 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display.
Naturally, S-Beam, S-Voice, Smart Stay and Android 4.0 (with TouchWiz) will be onboard, with Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 at the heart of each matter. We’re told to expect 2GB of RAM across the board, with Gorilla Glass 2.0 guarding against your clumsiness. Moreover, we’re reminded of the mythical Pebble Blue hue (which will be available alongside Marble White), with a removable 2,100mAh battery and 16GB / 32GB capacity options. Looking to learn more? There’s a bit left just beyond the break, but the real deets will be pouring out in the weeks ahead from the carriers themselves.
- Verizon Wireless Announces Samsung Galaxy S® III Coming To America’s Largest … – MarketWatch (press release)
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab in Verizon Wireless
- Samsung Galaxy S II for US Cellular clears FCC, lacks LTE
- New Verizon Wireless Store Opens This Month – Patch.com
- US Cellular’s first LTE device ships, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 claims the honor
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=19611