Google’s Turing doodle celebrates his genius, reminds us how dumb we are (video)
This week sees many corners of the globe celebrating the 100th anniversary of the birth of Alan Turing. A man whose contribution to the worlds of tech and gadgets is immeasurable — a sentiment not lost on Google. Today, geeks and norms worldwide will be waking up to possibly the most complex doodle to date. Can you set the machine and spell out “Google”? If you can, you’ll be sent off to lots more information about the man himself. This isn’t the only thing Mountain View’s done to keep his legacy alive, having previously helped Bletchley Park raise funds to purchase (and display) Turing’s papers, and more recently helping curators at London’s Science Museum with its Codebreaker – Alan Turing’s Life and Legacy exhibition. If you haven’t already, head to Google.com and pop your logic hat on, and if you get stuck, head past the break for a helpful video.
- Apple TV gets into video discovery, adds movie and TV show Genius Recommendations
- Remembering Alan Turing at 100
- NY Public Library turns stereographs into animated GIFs, reminds your 3D TV of its roots
- Apple WALT prototype hits eBay, reminds us of a life with landlines
- JaVale McGee Top 8 dumb Plays (HD)
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=21138