Google TV goes international, Sony NSZ-GS7 set-top box up for preorder in the US and UK
Sony mentioned during CES 2012 that its Google TV-powered hardware would come to Europe this summer, and now it’s official. Along with Google, it’s announced preorders are available for the $ 200/£200/$ 199 NSZ-GS7 internet streaming set-top box in the US and UK (showing a ship date of July 9th, Sony says it should hit stores July 22nd), with plans to launch in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico and Netherlands later this year. The NSZ-GP9 with integrated Blu-ray player will arrive in October, priced at £280/€300/$ 299. UK users can expect localized content from The Guardian among other sources, and more reveals are promised at Google I/O this week. There’s an internationally-aimed trailer (embedded after the break) and more information from Sony and Google at their respective sites, we’ll see if the mix of reworked hardware and updated software makes this venture more successful than the last round.
- Google TV officially adds LG to the fold, will demo new hardware along with Sony, Vizio
- GTVHacker tool brings Sony Google TVs root access, full Flash streaming
- Sony and Sharp joint venture hits a rocky patch, Sony cuts off capital
- SAMSUNG SERIES 5 NP530 ULTRABOOK UP FOR PREORDER IN EUROPE
- Canon’s New 600EX-RT Wireless Speedlight is Coming in March – Available for Preorder Now
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=21179