Oh, no, RIM: Marissa Mayer’s husband dumps BlackBerry for iPhone
Even while his wife was announcing her appointment to one of the most powerful positions in Silicon Valley, Zachary Bogue was standing in an Apple store making more bad news for RIM.
Oh dear. Even as Yahoo’s appointment of Marissa Mayer as its chief executive was sending an electric jolt through Silicon Valley on Monday, her husband Zachary Bogue was sending his own sort of jolt in the direction of embattled BlackBerry-maker RIM. Yes, he’s dumping it.
Obviously Bogue is his own man in the Mayer-Bogue household; in his day job he’s a cofounder and managing partner of Founders Den, which provides space for “experienced” entrepreneurs.
It’s indicative of the problems RIM is having though if it can’t hang on to a business-y user such as Bogue. He is now, it seems, an iPhone user.
We’re guessing that Mayer will hang onto her Android phone. As well as her Nest thermostat, Up bracelet by Jawbone (it collects data about your daily activities), Verizon Mi-Fi (for turning a 3G signal into a Wi-Fi network), Google Chromebook (the “cloud-based” computer favoured by Googlers), and Eagle Creek zipper bag.
(How do we know about those? From her Geeksugar interview from December 2011, when she shared her Christmas gift choices.)
In the meantime, if anyone has seen any good news for RIM, please could you share it in the comments? We think they need a bit of relief.
- Boot up: Halliburton ditches BlackBerry for iPhone, Wolfram Alpha to launch Pro search, and more
- Blackberry Bold 9900 vs Apple iPhone 4s (HD)
- Sleek BlackBerry London smartphone could challenge the iPhone
- Boot up: the real Foxconn, Nokia’s AT&T incentive, data dumps from locked iPhones and more
- Boot up: Kayak dumps RIM, Apple’s address book hassle, Google pays for your privacy and more
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=21608