iPad Mini May Be Called iPad Air, but It Looks More and More Like a Sure Thing
After a brief lull on the iPad Mini rumors front, things have kicked back in to a very high gear this week. In the last few days several of the leading ‘in the know’ sort of writers and sites have weighed in with new thoughts on and even lovely mockups of the much-anticipated new smaller iPad.
Here are a handful of things that have excited me the most on this front:
– John Gruber at Daring Fireball offered a fascinating post titled ‘Thinking This iPad Mini Thing Even Througher’ – where he offers his latest thoughts, analysis, and some slick math relating to the iPad Mini. One of the key points if that the device’s most notable feature may well be its lightness – with it weighing in somewhere around 250-300 grams. This would be a major selling point for the new smaller iPad:
Weight is a huge factor, maybe the factor, in one-handed use, and its too-heavy-to-hold-in-one-hand weight has always been one of the biggest knocks against the iPad-as-we-know-it. I’m thinking the iPad Mini will be not just thinner and lighter than the iPad-as-we-know-it, but remarkably thinner and lighter than its competitors in the small tablet market.3 Yet it will have a bigger display.
Read the rest of iPad Mini May Be Called iPad Air, but It Looks More and More Like a Sure Thing (347 words)
- Survey Asks Who Poses Biggest Threat to iPad – Answer Is Nobody or the iPad Mini
- iPad Mini: 6 Reasons Apple Must Do It – InformationWeek
- ‘iPad Mini’ an Unlikely Apple Strategy – eWeek
- What Apple could gain from an iPad mini – Washington Post
- Why An iPad Mini Will Crush Google’s Nexus 7 – Forbes
Short URL: http://techno-magazine.com/?p=22136